A child performance licence is required for all working children in the entertainment industry for children of compulsory school age or younger. You will only need to apply for a license when your child is confirmed for a job. A License is valid for one job only and the process needs to be repeated each time your child is confirmed for work.

Current legislation for licence applications requires 21 days notice, though some council’s will turn a license within 5–10 working days, it is at the council’s discretion to process a licence with less notice.

The following paperwork is required for each application;

  • Part 1 of licence form (client to complete)
  • Part 2 of licence form (parent to complete)
  • Signed self certified medical declaration (parent to complete)
  • School letter from the head teacher to authorise absence from school (parent to obtain)
  • 2x passport photographs
  • Copy of birth certificate or passport
  • Please do not worry about obtaining a child performance licence, we are here to guide you and help with forms!

    The following government link will put you in contact with your local authority: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-child-performance-licence

    The following government link supplies more information regarding child performance and regulations that may be useful to read: https://www.gov.uk/child-employment/performance-licences-for-children

    Downloadable standard forms;




    Helpful links

    It is a legal requirement and the clients responsibility to apply for a Child Performance Licence for all jobs.

    Clients and Parents can find useful information and advice regarding the regulations of child employment by following the links below.

    Legislations are in place to protect all child performers, please view the latest 2014 act here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2014/3309/contents/made

    National Network for Child Employment & Entertainment are the only National organisation solely dedicated to the continual development and implementation of ‘good practice’ issues for children engaged in employment and taking part in public performances. http://www.nncee.org.uk

    You can also find more advice on the government website, government guidance; Child performance and activities https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/child-performance-and-activities-licensing-legislation

    Kitsch Talent Agency provides a license processing service on behalf of clients. Please get in touch for more information.